Sunday, November 27, 2011

Treasured Time

Dear Layla, 
Over the past ten weeks I have been so blessed to be at home with you.  It all began on the evening of September 20, 2011.  You made your grand entrance weighing six pounds and seven ounces. The moment you began to cry my heart overflowed with joy.  Your cry was not ordinary, it was a sound straight from heaven. All  I could think was that you were born singing.  It was the most beautiful sound.  
                                   
Our bond was immediate,  you were able to nurse within the first hour and have continued to nurse every two to three hours since then.  I love having that time alone with you.  I have memorized every little feature.  You are bound to melt hearts with your puckered lips and rounded cheeks.  You have your daddy's eyes and your brother's long eye lashes.  I love the way your left ear slightly curls, and how pretty your red hair looks with a bow.  There is no doubt that you are a remarkable creation.



You have accomplished so much over the last two months. Your smile is contagious, it is not unusual for all three of us to stop what we are doing to come and watch you smile.  Luke seems to amaze you. Your little eyes are constantly looking for him.  You rolled over for the first time while he was playing with you.  He was so proud of your big accomplishment.  You love to snuggle up with your daddy and usually fall asleep in his arms.  It seems that all the world is at peace when you are being rocked.


 Going to work tomorrow will be one of the hardest things I have ever done.  The thought of not being with you makes my heart ache.  I realize what a gift it was to be able to be home with you as long as I was. It was as if all the stress and craziness of life just stopped so I could focus on you and Luke. I have treasured every moment with the two of you, because I know you will never be this little again.  

Thank you for being my daughter.

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment